Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of Quantropy is appreciated but not mandatory.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is a multi-institution subject-based repository.
- Subject Specialities: Multidisciplinary
- Quantropy holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include:
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- No submission policy defined.
- No retention period defined.
- No functional specification policy has been defined.
- No file preservation policy defined.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained transiently.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories, with:
- a link to a replacement version, where available
- a note explaining the reasons for withdrawal
- No closure policy defined.